I did it! Approximately 9 weeks ago I bought an app for my phone called
C25k that took me through a training program to get ready for a 5 week. In order to stay motivated I also signed up for a 5k. I was pretty faithful in my running and felt confident for the race. The race was held at Diamond Bar High (Class of '02!) so I knew the area and what I was up against (terrain wise). Paddy also decided to run the race, KFuj and Kyle walked the race and my mom was working at the first water station. My goal was to finish under 45 minutes or at least under an hour. Paddy finished in about 28-20 minutes and I finished in approximately 40 minutes (I didn't see the time clock until I came around the second time with KFuj and Kyle)...so yay!
Here we are before the race...see how happy I look :)
After the race...we made it!
Kyle enjoying his medal...it was actually his mommy's, but she was willing to share.
If I'm not crazy enough, I've already signed up for my second 5k on March 27. It is at Angel Stadium and benefits the Angel's Foundation...we also get two tickets to an upcoming game (slightly motivating). Yay for running!
Oooh, tell me more about the 5K at Angel Stadium! I need some motivation! :-)
ReplyDelete